Training, Consulting and Support Services are an integral part of Crimp Quality Solutions, part of the WireProcess Specialties portfolio of solutions for processing wire assemblies.
One of the strengths of WPS for almost four decades has been in the supply of terminals, crimp tooling and crimp monitoring systems. It has become evident that a comprehensive offering to our customers is needed. Which is beyond the physical acquiring and deployment of components, processing and process monitoring monitoring equipment.
For example, consider this statement: Installing a Crimp Force Monitor does not improve quality. See our article: Crimp Quality Monitors Do Not Solve Your Crimping Problems.
Our engagement starts first with an assessment of your current crimp process. We can perform this either in house or through a virtual connection.
Training material is custom tailored to the company’s needs with one or more of the following topics:
- Pre-production crimp validation
- Crimp Process equipment set up
- Pre-production crimp testing
- In-process monitoring
Training can be performed in house or via webinar.
Crimp Quality Solutions Support Services are a vital link in the implementation of a Crimp Quality improvement strategy. Our in house Crimp Cross Section lab gives you a start in documenting crimp conditions. Crimp Press Analysis assesses the condition of your crimp presses, a critical component of your crimp process. Crimp Cross Sectioning is a vital tool in validating and process monitoring a crimp. Cross Section provides a peak inside the crimp and tells a lot about the performance of the crimp process and inherent variation.
Crimp Quality Solutions provides you with end to end support in your terminal crimp process. Let’s Get Started with your crimp process.
Back in the day, training for personnel was readily available from suppliers or internal company experts. Does it seem that access to training and has become scarce. Do you sense the “brain drain” as knowledgeable people are retiring and not being replaced? Perhaps Crimp Quality Solutions is for you.
Crimp Quality Solutions is part of the WireProcess Specialties portfolio of solutions for companies processing wire harnesses and electrical assemblies which include a terminal crimped to wire.
Consider the following questions:
- We only make a quick measurement of crimp quality and a visual inspection pre-process. We do not have any idea what the capability of our crimp process is.
- We have received a review request from a customer about our crimp quality or have had to address rejected wire harnesses with faulty crimps.
- We have installed crimp monitors to our bench presses or automated wire processing machines and have chronic error signals from one or more crimp applicator set ups. As a result, we have opened up CFM tolerances to stop the error signals or completely shut off the monitors.
- We want to establish a baseline of our crimp quality and improve quality over time.
If you answer yes to any of these questions then Crimp Quality Solutions is for you. We offer end to end support of the crimp process. Our support covers three areas:
- Training and Consulting.
- Support Services.
- Quality Validating and Monitoring Technology.
We start with a free assessment of your current crimping process. We review the assessment and where required, consult with our industry experts and provide a proposal that covers one or more of the above areas of support.
If you do not measure crimp quality as part of your quality system, you are at risk of product failure, costly rejects or recalls and reduced customer confidence. Because it has not happened so far does not change the fact it could in the future. There is a cost of inaction when it comes to product quality.
There is a positive cost to action and we are ready to respond and support your crimping process. Let’s Get Started.